POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Rounding edges : Re: Rounding edges Server Time
18 May 2024 23:35:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rounding edges
From: Bathurstfreak
Date: 8 Nov 2004 01:40:00
Message: <web.418f148070f1156d70d1465a0@news.povray.org>
> Bevelling in csg is not trivial for anything more complex than right-angles.
> I had some limited success with a recent(!) pic
> http://thyme.homelinux.net/Gallery/kotoji.html
> I can post the macro I came up with if you're interested, it just deals
> with bevelling intersecting cylinders.

Cheers, Bevelling was not the issue at the moment, the wheel arches are made
up of several (now) rounded cylinders bevelled together, however rounding
off the intersection of two spheres that make up the middle of the fuselage
is now my challenge, I even tried using blobs, but that didn't work too
well, I am hesitant to use bicubic or other types of patches because of the
issues they create where patches are joined together. Also my headlights
create enough code to significantly slow rendering times for the final
animation.

Nice lantern though, is the slight subtraction in the arch-stand on the left
side meant to be there?

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'prototype.jpg' (23 KB)